Welcome to the Eric Gill Society
Welcome to the Eric Gill Society site, a resource for the work and history of Eric Gill and the Guild of St Joseph, founded in Ditchling, Sussex.
The Aims of the Society are: To promote the enjoyment, appreciation and understanding of the work of Eric Gill and the craftworkers and artists associated with him in Ditchling and to support the Ditchling Museum in achieving the same aim.
The Society is in the process of being formed and at this stage its objectives are:
- To establish a membership for the Society which will provide practical and financial support for its Aims.
- To create for the membership a committee to manage the Aims and resources of the Society on a day to day basis.
- To organise and resource the Society to enhance its ability to meet its Aims.
- To set up a constitution which will ensure the open and fair management of the Society.
- To develop this website to keep members in touch with the Society’s and Museum’s activities and with events and news related to its Aims.
- To hold meetings to aid the open and fair management of the Society and to promote its Aims.
- To raise money for the Ditchling Museum to help the Society and Museum achieve the Society’s Aims.
The management of this site and the Society will be in the hands of the Trustees of Ditchling Museum until enough individuals and institutions have registered their interest to enable a committee to be formed and a membership established.
Please register your interest in being a member of the Society. There is no charge for registering your interest in the Society, but donations towards the Society’s development and aims will be welcome.
Donations should be made to Ditchling Museum.
Please address all other correspondence through the email address of this site.